Sea Crest is a place of joyful learning and connection. Our creative and collaborative community of educators believes in providing the best in innovative education to inspire and empower learners to engage curiosity, express creativity, act with compassion and lead with courage. As a K-8 school, we have the unique privilege of stewarding young minds and hearts through an amazing journey of discovery, growth, and development. Our small class sizes support a more personalized approach to instruction and the opportunity to develop strong connections with students. Set in the heart of Half Moon Bay, Sea Crest offers a high-quality, engaging educational experience in a beautiful coastal setting.
Sea Crest employees are…
● Compassionate, student-centered educators with an understanding and appreciation of child development.
● Reflective, lifelong learners who pursue and inspire growth.
● Skilled practitioners who differentiate learning to meet the needs of all students.
● Inspired educators who craft joyful and meaningful learning experiences.
● Effective collaborators and communicators committed to fostering strong partnerships with colleagues and families.
Director of Marketing and Communications
The Director of Marketing and Communications assists with the short and long-term strategic planning for marketing the School, with a multimedia approach that includes verbal, print, digital and social media communication methods. With a keen awareness of the School’s public image and mission, this person supports the Director of Advancement with admission, retention, marketing, and communications.
● Develops and implements marketing strategies to support the advancement office.
● Ensures consistency with school branding across all platforms including print and online publications.
● Coordinates with the Director of Advancement on the internal and external marketing of the school through publications, newsletters, magazines, brochures, flyers, postcards, forms, advertising, press releases, social media, website content, and annual report.
● Responsible for writing/editing content, photography, collecting relevant information, facilitating distribution of all publications, invitations, marketing, promotional and all institutional advancement materials.
Skills and Knowledge
● Intimate and direct knowledge of marketing and communications.
● Ability to work on multiple fronts in an advancement operation and deal with frequent deadlines.
● Superior verbal and written communication skills.
● Highly skilled in interpersonal/relationship building, analytical/strategic thinking, organization, time management, delegation, problem-solving, conflict management and decision-making.
Innovative, growth mindset, self-starter who works efficiently to attain goals.
● A strong sense of ethics and integrity.
● Willing to embrace the lifestyle of working in a small independent school by being a team player and working toward job excellence.
Education and Experience requirements
● Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree or equivalent experience preferred.
● Three years of marketing or communications experience required. Experience with major gifts and foundation/corporate grant-writing desired.
● Experience in graphic design, Web-based marketing, Website management and maintaining a Web presence desired.
● Proficiency with Adobe Design Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, etc.) and some video production experience desired.
● Experience in a not-for-profit and/or independent school environment highly preferred.
Salary and Benefits
The salary is competitive and commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.