Sea Crest School seeks dynamic educators who thrive in a collaborative community, work to stay at the forefront of their field, have a genuine love for children, and maintain a commitment to excellence. We consistently innovate to find the most thoughtful ways to reach each learner on our campus, to help them grow as people and as scholars. Expectations are high for our staff as well as for our students. We look for people who will bring a diversity of experiences to our collegial environment and soar when given the freedom to do what is best for students.
K-6th Grade Physical Education Teacher
Sea Crest School seeks a dynamic and experienced K-6th Grade Physical Education Teacher for the 2018-2019 school year.
The Physical Education Teacher is responsible for planning and daily instruction in physical education for students in kindergarten through fifth grade, as well as instruction in Health and Wellness for sixth grade. In addition, the teacher is responsible for providing a classroom management system compatible with the school’s philosophy and differentiating instruction to meet student needs.
● Create and execute a comprehensive and innovative K-5th Physical Education program.
● Create and execute the 6th grade Health & Wellness curriculum; coordinates with the 7th/8th grade Health & Wellness Teacher to ensure programmatic cohesion and continuity.
● Prepare and execute thoughtful units of study designed to reach the different learning styles of the students in the classroom.
● Regularly assess student learning using a variety of tools and means, while maintaining regular communication with parents and administrators about student progress.
● Maintain a safe and engaging learning environment.
● Consistently and clearly communicate with colleagues, administrators and parents regarding student issues.
● Coach at least one athletic team per season.
● Attend regular weekly faculty meetings.
● Attend and assist with assemblies and special events, some of which occur outside of normal school hours.
● Actively participate in all in-service and orientation days.
● Bachelor’s degree
● Teaching credential or Master’s degree preferred
● Experience teaching elementary physical education, preferably in an independent school setting
● Experience working as an athletic coach
Salary and Benefits
The salary is competitive and commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.